So I’ve recently moved and as a result am taking a 40 minute train ride into work everyday.
Here are some interesting observations regarding the application of makeup.
- Plucking your eyebrows on the train is a perfectly acceptable activity to utilise a 20 minute train ride
- Always have a mirror handy, guesswork is a big no-no. Preferably ask the person sitting across from you to hold it so you can be ‘handsfree’
- Time your mascara swipes to the jolting of the train or wait until you have pulled in at a station.
- Try and have a neat bag or a separate section for all your makeup. Digging through your bag for ten minutes hunting for that pesky concealer is annoying.
- Watch out for those crazy faces you pull. eg. mascara face includes mouth hanging open with an intense look of concentration.
- Keep your makeup simple unless you are a pro or have a very long train ride
- That person who is sitting across from you who may or may not be holding your mirror is finding your impromptu makeup tutorial very educational:)
Do you think that plucking your eyebrows on a train is as disgusting as picking your nose or cutting your fingernails?
Have you ever tried to apply your makeup on a train? I find that writing legibly is difficult enough.