Friday, 27 May 2011

the hair that inspires us.

I found this article via hair romance in the sydney morning herald. The article lists the hairstyles and the actors that are influential over our hairstyle choices. Hairstyles such as the 'pob' ( Posh's bob), the pixie cut and oddly enough the buzz cut that was styled by Sinead O'Connor and replicated by Demi Moore in GI Jane and Natalie Portman in V for Vendetta. The article lists Audrey Hepburn's updo in Breakfast at Tiffanys as the main influential hairstyle and Ariel's hairstyle in the Little Mermaid even got a mention. I have to say the most influential style for me when I was younger was 'The Rachel.' I can remember quite clearly asking my hairdresser for the 'Rachel haircut' I thought I was the shiz. Its quite funny because I am watching Friends at the moment and I remember when I got the haircut, thinking I was so cool, and really I'm not sure the haircut really suited my unruly and wavy hair. So now my hair inspiration is more modelled on 'the Kate'. 

Check out the article here

What/who are your hair inspirations?
(photos from google images)

1 comment:

  1. Hi girl! thanks for stopping and following my blog! I am now following yours too! I like it! .. I completely know what do you mean by wanting "The Rachel" hairstyle. I am obsessed with friends!!! I love it!!! and I am so jealous of jennifer anistorn! I want her hair!!!! specially when (I think season 9 when she was pregnant) and she had long hair! Love it!!!

    ☆ Bereniice ☆

    http://thingshappenjustlive.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete